2013年9月11日星期三

職場禮儀英語-上班穿襪子要留心

陳豪正正在北京的ABC好國公司事件。他上班旁邊栖息,跟好國同事Amy一路下樓喝茶。

(Office ambience)

C:Amy, 你坤嗎老看我的足啊?
A:I'm sorry. I just couldn't help noticing that you aren't wearing socks today.

C:天兒太熱了,中文翻譯日文,不穿襪子還涼爽點兒。
A:Personally, that might be all right, but professionally that's a bad decision.

C:為何?我睹過很多人上班皆不穿襪子的。
A:However, at ABC Company, professional dress is important for our corporate image.

C:我上班穿西拆,打發帶,這還不够嗎?
A:No. Would you consider not wearing a shirt with your coat and tie?

C:我诚然不會光著膀子穿西裝打領帶了。
A:Then you shouldn't consider wearing your shoes without socks. If your boss Mr. Jones sees you, he will not be pleased.

C:那可壞了。我可我出帶襪子。那怎樣辦呀?
A:Avoid Mr. Jones at all cost. Then buy some socks when you go out for lunch today. There's a department store right around the corner.

C:您說得對,我得先躲著點兒老板,午時吃飯的時辰趕快来商舖買襪子穿上。I will see you later.

******

MC:午饭後,陳豪找到Amy.

A:Chen Hao, did you find any socks?
C:我正籌備穿上呢!天兒熱,所以我買了兩雙白襪子,起码比深颜色的襪子涼爽里兒。

A:Oh dear.
C:怎樣了?

A:White socks are inappropriate for corporate dress. They are more for athletic wear and outdoor attire.
C:啊?白襪子是跑步打毬穿的,不是上班穿的。怎麼這麼多講供呀!倖虧我借購了一單深色的。傚勞員初終揹我傾銷下腰兒的,即是能夠推到小腿肚女上往的那一種。我觉得太熱,沒買。

A:Oh dear.
C:又怎麼了?

A:You should have listened to the salesman. Short socks just won't do in the business environment.
C:那為什麼?

A:It's because when you sit down and cross your legs in short socks, you expose everyone around you to the sight of your hairy legs.
C:Amy, 我素來沒唸到穿襪子还有這麼多講求。

A:Your business attire is extremely important "right down to your socks".
C:這麼讲,我穿成甚麼樣兒也會影響到公司形象了。看來我下班還得再來買襪子,Amy,你伴我往吧,完了事兒我請你用飯。

A:Thank you. I'll look forward to that.
C:Amy,你能不能再告诉我一下上班要穿什麼樣的襪子。如許我旧道熱腸裏便罕见了。

A:Avoid white socks and short socks,日文翻譯. The right sock in business is the one that covers your calf and matches your shoes and pants.

没有评论:

发表评论